I do not usually post about food or recipes, but since we have moved to Columbus, I feel like I cook so much more. Derrick is home most every night, and I do not work until 7 p.m. which allows us to eat dinner together, something we never had when we were in Utah. I LOVE it! So here are a couple new dinners I tried:
 |
| Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry |
 |
This
one was super tasty. I got it off of momswhothink.com in the 30-minute
recipe section.
1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (any flavor)
12 ounces lean ground beef
½ cup chopped onion (medium size)
2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
¼ cup teriyaki sauce
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
¼ cup sliced green onions
1 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut in half diagonally
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Directions:
1. Break ramen noodle block into four pieces, discard seasoning
packet. Set noodles aside.
2. In a 3 quart saucepan cook and stir ground beef and onion over
medium-high heat until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain fat.
3. Stir in broth, teriyaki sauce, and carrots. Bring to boiling.
4. Add noodles and green onions. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for
5 minutes, stirring occasionally to separate noodles.
5. Add snow peas and cilantro; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer or
until peas are crisp-tender.
6. Ladle into bowls. Makes 4 servings.
**I only had one can of beef broth, so I just used water and a
little extra teriyaki sauce. I will definitely use two cans next time.
I think I will also use two packages of ramen noodles, because it had a
lot meat and veggies, but needed the extra noodles. It also was more like
a soup, with a thin texture, so I just added some cornstarch mixed with cold
water to thicken it up. It was super fast and easy and really tasty!
|
 |
Chicken stew
2 cups
broccoli flowerets or snap pea pods
1 cup
water
6 new red
potatoes, (3/4 pound), cut into fourths
3
boneless skinless chicken breast halves, (3/4 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
1 jar (12
ounces) chicken gravy
Mix all ingredients in 3-quart saucepan
Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally;
reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
potatoes are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
**I just
did mine in the crock pot. I also used gravy I had made from a packet,
and it worked out just fine. It did not come out as thick as I
would have liked it to, but I did not know how to make it thicker in the crock
pot. I added more veggies than it called for, like frozen broccoli,
cauliflower, and carrots, and also fresh mushrooms. I added some
different seasonings too. It turned out really good!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment