Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Halloween! part 1

Since I do not believe in taking my 6-month old trick-or-treating to strangers ("Hello, please give me, I mean my 'daughter' some candy!), and we do not have any family here to take her to, we just dressed up for our ward "trunk-or-treat," or as they say here in Ohio, "trick-or-trunk."  This year was kind of a last minute ordeal, and since everyone knows how much I LOVE Halloween, it was kind of depressing.  Oh well, that is how it goes when both Derrick and I are in school!  Plus, Iva doesn't know what is going on, so no worries!

The trunk-or-treat was fun; I just wish they would have done the candy part sooner. By the time the dinner and all the activities (haunted house, mummy wrap, doughnut eating contest, and costume parade), we had to leave because Derrick had a test the next day that he needed to study for.  All in all, it was pretty fun.  We dressed up as little red riding hood, the "big, bad wolf," and the woodsman.




No comments:

Post a Comment