Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nostalgia

I ran almost three miles today (only a quarter short!).  I miss running.  I miss the feeling I get when I'm running, as well as after.  People always say they hate exercise; I love it.  Call me crazy, but when I run, I feel strong, like I am doing something I never thought possible (probably because at one point I did think that way!).  I may be prideful, but I love the feeling I get when I tell people I am a runner.  I love running races and the energy that you feel during them, as cliche as that sounds.

Somewhere, between life and a baby, the amount of running has diminished, although not my desire.  I would not change a thing, but sometimes I miss the simpleness that life held before Iva was born.  I miss being able to just get dressed and go.  Now, I have to have her fed and asleep before I can do anything.  I am also banished to my treadmill in the basement.  I HATE running on a treadmill!  Ah, the things we do as parents.  

So, today I fed her and FINALLY got her to bed and went for a jog.  It felt great.  I have ran a few times since she was born, but not nearly enough.  I feel so much better now.  I'm hoping to keep it up.  My mom signed me up for the Ogden Half Marathon in May.  I'm praying I can get the two weeks off of work so I can run it with her and my little bro.  I am the reason my mom runs races, and a little bit the reason why Mitchell does too.  I was the first in the family.  Not only do I need motivation to keep running and training, but I desperately need to be in Utah for a few weeks.  I need my family to see my crazy daughter!  So I am really hoping it all works out and I can do the race.  For now, I will keep training as if I am!  

So, running shoes, get ready.

All my races to keep me inspired:


My very first race!  The Syracuse 5K...Mitchell was the only one home, so he took this picture and I went to the race alone ha 


Clearfield 5K...after this race, it became a family tradition because I inspired my mom to start running with me. 


Derrick took this picture; it was the morning of my first half marathon at like 5 am.  


It went from Clearfield to Antelope Island.  Derrick asked my dad for permission to marry me this day too!


My first Ogden Half Marathon!  It was such a fun race!


Running trio! Clearfield 5K


Mitchell was on his mission :( Good that he was gone, but we missed him!  Clearfield 5K


I beat everyone, even though I was in nursing school and hadn't ran in like four months.  I was pretty proud of that ha.  Also, VERY sore the next day.



This was 2010.  I told my mom the next time we would run the half marathon together.  I had a baby and we've both been finishing our BSN degrees, so 2012 Half, here we come!


My roommate at Snow.  She ran a half marathon and I've been inspired ever since!

1 comment:

  1. you are one crazy lady, but i'm glad you're coming home in may!

    ReplyDelete