Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas and New Year

This Christmas was great! It was a little bittersweet just because we knew that it is our last Christmas in Utah for a really long time. So we spent lots of time with family, which resulted in a really busy few days! I was scheduled to work Christmas Eve, but ended up getting called off, so we spent the night down at Derrick's mom's house and played games with everyone. Derrick's sister, Emily, and our bro-in-law, Kevin, had flown in from Texas and surprised everyone and his other sister, Stacey was down from Bear Lake with her family so it was a full house!

On Christmas morning, we woke up and had our own Christmas at our house. I woke up early (the baby decided that it was time to play trampoline on my bladder!), and then I was hungry so I made Derrick get up with me. I was so excited to open presents! Derrick spoiled me this year, as usual! I got a Cricut!!! I'm going to have a lot of scrapbooking to do with a baby! I also got new slippers, lots of treats and healthy snacks to take to work (I'm hungry every hour I swear), lots of movies, and the tradition of hair stuff, including shampoo and conditioner (Derrick gets me that every year!). I also got a new toothbrush! Derrick got a really nice one from one of his interviews and I was jealous so he got me the same one! My parents got me a HUGE scrapbook kit and a KitchenAid! I can finally make my mom's breadsticks! Derrick's mom got me more scrapbook gear and some glass tupperware.
Derrick got a LOT of candy from me plus treats that he likes, new hunting gear including his own duck call so he can practice, and camo under-armor. He also got a GPS so that we can navigate the crazy roads back east! He also got a lot of movies and new slippers too. My parents got him a new suit and a little "new dad" statue that is super cute. His mom got him a jack for his car.
The baby got spoiled too! There were two presents under the tree for her "from Santa," that I got to open. She got a U of U onsie with a beanie and socks to wear home from the hospital! She also got VeggieTales movies! My parents got her a children's book and Derrick's mom got her some night-gowns. And she got blankets from grandparents!

New Year's was kind of low-key for us. I was scheduled to work so we couldn't really plan on doing anything. I got called off, but we didn't find out until like 7:30. So we booked it to the movie theaters and saw Harry Potter! GREAT movie! I LOVE Ron! And Harry! I love them all! Then we went home and put together a puzzle! haha I know we are lame. But it was fun to just hang out.



Christmas Eve!



Derrick's Stash





My little hunter



My stash


I'm gonna be a scrapbooking maniac!





She's already a Utah Fan!


Spoiled little girl








Putting together our puzzle!



Pause for a New Year's Smooch, then back to the puzzle!



Finished product!



1 comment:

  1. You will LOVE your kitchen aid!! and totally jealous of your cricut!! :) you are so cute prego! do you have a name picked out!? i'm so excited for you! Congrats on the news about ohio too. I have a friend there in dental school and she loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete