THE PECK FAMILY IS MOVING TO OHIO!
Derrick got accepted into the Ohio State University Dental Program in Columbus, Ohio at the beginning of the month. We are SO grateful that he got accepted, let alone to the school that we both wanted. He had interviewed at four different schools: Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, and Michigan. We really loved the thought of Virginia, but Ohio is going to be SO much cheaper for us. Most schools have very tight restrictions on obtaining residency and getting in-state tuition. For example, Indiana basically says "if you move here for school, you get to pay out-of-state tuition all four years." But Ohio State allows you to obtain residency after a year, and they will also let us pay in-state tuition the FIRST year if I work a full-time job. Dashed all my hopes of going to part-time! Oh well; this is why I was inspired to change my major and become a nurse.
But, anyways, we are super excited for this change in our lives. We are hoping to move in July, but it all depends on when I find a job. Derrick has already started looking for houses and I am researching hospitals. Our lives are gonna change!
Oh my goodness! Congrats guys! That is awesome, I am so excited and happy for you! That will be quite the adventure! Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting! You better keep your blog updated since I won't get to run into you at work anymore!
ReplyDelete