Monday, January 30, 2012

Doctor's appointment!

Nothing like going to the doctor's office and eating a little snack!




She kept putting her arms up like this and it was super funny







The Stats:

  • Iva weighs in at a whopping 13 lbs. 14 oz.  She only gained an ounce since our last appointment, putting her in the 1st percentile!!  I did not fully believe it; they use the old-school scales, and I do not think that the girl weighing her knew how to do it.  Iva feels heavier, and she is getting too big for a lot of her clothes.  Plus, I weighed her at the babysitter's house on her digital scale, and Iva weighed 14 lbs. 6 oz.  So, I think their scale was off.  Nevertheless, we have a weight appointment this week, which is four weeks after her 9 month appointment, to see if she gained any weight.  I was supposed to try and nurse her longer, add 4-6 ounces of formula a day, and add healthy fats to her solids.  She has been nursing better (I almost weaned her because she was so restless and distracted), so that has helped.  Derrick has been adding formula to her bottles when I go to work.  We have been adding butter (not "healthy," but that is what the doctor said to do) to her veggies, and giving her lots of avocados.  She loves to eat, so I really do not know why she is not gaining weight.
  • She is 26 1/2 inches and in the 15th percentile.  She is just a little girl!
  • Iva is officially a standing baby!  She stands all by herself in the middle of the room without help!  Last week I caught her taking a step, so I think we will have a walker soon!
  • She loves to say "bababa," "mamama," "yayaya," "nenene," and "hahaha" all the time.  She also will just randomly yell out.  It is so funny, because she usually does it when people are trying to talk, like she realizes we are not paying attention to her.
  • She likes banging things to make noise.
  • She is a little stair climber!  Derrick was studying one night while I was at work and he sent me a message saying that he could not find her, but he went upstairs and she was in our room playing in the dark with a toy she found in there.  Her new favorite game is to climb them and sit at the top while yelling out until we come up.  Once she sees us at the bottom of the stairs, she will freak out and book it in our room, or her room until we chase her!  She loves it.  She is really good at climbing too.  We are trying to teach her to come down, but she has no interest in it, thank goodness!  
We love our Iva Lou!


No comments:

Post a Comment