This was our first Thanksgiving in Ohio! And away from family :( But we had some friends, Will and Katie over and had a lot of fun! They are both from Utah and Will is in his 1st year of Dental school as well. I had to work the night before so Derrick was the cook this year. It was his second time cooking a turkey (I have such a domestic man!). The first time was in Taiwan for Thanksgiving while he was on his mission. I've learned that cooking a turkey is not as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Granted, I was sleeping, so I have to give Derrick all the credit, but even he said it did not take too long. Like a half hour prep of seasoning and putting it in a bag, then you just throw it in the oven! It was nice to wake up to the delicious smell of turkey cooking! We also did the potatoes and gravy, a veggie tray, and my mom's yummy cranberry, bacon, and feta salad. Will and Katie brought rolls, stuffing, yams, and cranberries. Katie made a pumpkin pie and I made an apple pie. We also made Derrick's mom's famous cheese balls (Derrick's favorite!). We had WAY too much food for 4 people and a baby but it was delicious and fun! Even Iva enjoyed her first Thanksgiving dinner. She loved mashed potatoes and yams, but I think she enjoyed the stuffing the most because she got to eat it on her own. She also had a few pieces of Turkey! Of course she loved the pie; she has a sweet tooth like her mommy! Of course, I forgot to take pictures of the food and us eating. I snapped one of Derrick cleaning up! And lots of Iva playing with her toys, mostly because I always get pictures of her because she is super cute ha.

Cleaning up the feast!
Such a little flirt
An after-dinner snack! We have had to stop letting her do this; she has started to wear down the corners of our table!
We had such a fun time and were glad we got to know Will and Katie better!
No comments:
Post a Comment