I feel super bad that I have been such a horrible blogger! I need to get better, especially since I am promising family and friends that I will be so good at updating once we move. Ha, we will see if that actually happens.
Pregnancy Updade:
I have reached the point that I never thought I would reach: THE END! About 36 weeks, I decided "Ok, I am done with this." Week 36 to 37 was hard. My ribs hurt (especially on the right side), as did my back. Plus, I was working a TON to make up my hours so I did not lose benefits. That did not help to the whole back pain. I normally work every Monday and Tuesday and every other Friday and Sunday. So I normally was scheduled Friday, February 25, and then work Sunday through Tuesday. But I had an ACLS class that Friday, so I had to trade for Saturday instead, meaning I worked four days in a row. It was absolute hell. I cried after the third day on Tuesday while I was driving to work. After that miserable weekend, I finally experienced the "swollen feet syndrome." No fun! But I got five blissful days off and I got a pedicure and it was wonderful. I felt so much better! So week 36 was no fun. I had my doctor's appointment and was told that I was not even close to delivering.
I reached 37 weeks this last Friday, March 4th (I have pictures that I will post soon!) . My midwife said I'm still not close, but closer than the week before! That was Thursday. Friday she begun the descent down! No rib pain, a little more pressure on my hips, and having to CONSTANTLY go to the bathroom! It is freaking me out a little bit! So we will see what this Thursday doctor's appointment shows! She CANNOT come this week! I have three tests and two papers to write! And Derrick has a test! We are sending good vibes and telling her she has to wait!
Other news:
My uncle passed away tonight. That is the other reason this little gal cannot come this week. He was in his early fifties, but has suffered with medical problems for a really long time. He had bladder and kidney cancer that metastized to his lungs. They gave him six months at Thanksgiving. My thoughts and prayers are with my aunt Malayna and my three cousins. We saw him Saturday night to say goodbye. My aunt is so strong. I cannot even imagine what she is dealing with. But, he has gone to a place where he does not have to suffer anymore. I'm so grateful to be a member of a church with the "big picture." He is with my grandma doing the Lord's work. He is back home. Love you and miss you uncle Craig!
I always hate the end of the pregnancy, it is the worst part, because you want to discomfort to go away but you also feel nervous about them coming and not sure if your really ready. I had those feeling with all three of my kids. Good Luck with the birth. You will love being a mom.
ReplyDelete