Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BABY GIRL! Our miracle baby

So, our baby girl FINALLY was born on April 1st, 2011. She decided to take her sweet time coming, too! She did not come until I was 41 weeks. I was scheduled to be induced the day she was born, and I was not happy about it. Derrick and I had done Hypnobirthing classes in preparation for birth (I would recommend them to EVERYONE! They were awesome), and we wanted an all-natural birth. I was really hoping that she would be born the week of her due date, but I had my appointment the day before my due date and I still had not changed at all. I was really frustrated. So they scheduled me for the induction. I had my hypnobirthing instructor come and do a fear-release session with me Wednesday, March 27, hoping that it would relax me enough to put me into labor. Thursday, the 28th, was the worst day of my life, I'm pretty sure. I was debating between the induction, or calling my midwife and telling her that I wanted to wait through the weekend. I wanted so badly to go naturally. We were trying everything we could do to put me into labor. I walked more that week than I ever have in my life!

Well, after a lot of crying and praying, I got a text from a wonderful neighbor of mine whom I have become good friends with. All she did was say she was thinking of me. She had done hypnobirthing classes and knew what I wanted, so I called and cried to her. She had been induced on two of her three kiddos and talked to me about it. She was the answer to my prayers. Even though I wanted to go naturally, I had a feeling in the back of my head that I should not wait through the weekend. So, I prayed and said, "Ok, I'm being induced. Help me know it is right." And it was. My baby girl was born at 6:43 PM. She had a true knot in her cord and the cord was also wrapped around her neck twice and her foot. She was purple as purple could be. I had meconium-stained amniotic fluid, which means that she had pooped inside of me because she was a week late. They did not want her to cry right away because she had to be suctioned out so that the meconium did not cause her respiratory distress. Her having the cord wrapped around her neck made it so she did not cry and was able to be suctioned right away. She had no respiratory complications. She pinked up and started crying immediately after they suctioned her. I googled "true knots in umbilical cords" last night and found out that only 1% of babies are born healthy and normal with them. She is truly a miracle. How grateful I am that I listened to that voice in the back of my head (aka the spirit) telling me not to wait!





2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness mandy she is absolutely the most precious baby girl! what a blessing it is to have the spirit and know what is the right thing to do. she is a miracle baby. i'm so glad everything turned out perfect. congrats on being a new mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- what a story. I am so glad your baby girl is here safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete