Friday, December 31, 2010

Life on hold and Thanksgiving

So....I do have an excuse for not posting in FOREVER. On Thanksgiving I woke up and was sick. Derrick had been sick the week before and through the weekend (which REALLY sucked, because he had double interviews in Michigan and Ohio and he pretty much lost his voice during the Ohio interview. And that was the one we wanted to go super well; we'd prayed that he would get an interview there as well as get accepted.) So my Thanksgiving was spent with a sore throat and feeling kind of ucky. I blamed it on working a grave the night before and not getting a ton of sleep, but I was worried I was going to get a nasty cold. And...I did. Being pregnant and sick is NO FUN!

But, anyways, our Thanksgiving was good. We spent half at my grandparents and half at Derrick's mom's. It has been weird this holiday season knowing that we won't be here next year, so we have been trying to spend as much time with family as we possibly can. We stuffed ourselves at both houses (hurray for being pregnant and eating two full Thanksgiving dinners!! Don't judge...my baby LOVES turkey! haha) and had fun hanging out with everyone. After dinner at Derrick's mom's house, we did the good 'ol Thanksgiving tradition and pulled out ads and started making lists of who wants what from all the stores. I started falling asleep on the couch while Derrick made a giant list of all the movies he wanted. Normally, we just go home and go to sleep and send all of his sisters out to do our dirty work, but they convinced us to go to Walmart on our way home with them at midnight. Hello nightmare! There was SO many people! They had all of the movies in the produce section and I swear there was like 300-400 people in that small space. It was crazy. But we ended up with a ton of movies. The main one we didn't get was "How to Train your Dragon." But we got most of the ones we wanted. We ended up not leaving the store until like 3 am. I was exhausted.

The next day I dragged myself out of bed at noon to meet Derrick's family for our traditional pizza lunch and I went to get some stuff for Derrick's Christmas. So, because of my lack of sleep, I was still sick and worse than the day before. But I got some good deals for Derrick. But I just kept staying sick. I ended up calling in sick 3 days in a row the next week for work and went to the doctor to see what the deal was. I got told that I had a virus, being pregnant makes me vulnerable, and a prescription for cough medicine. Bleh. But I started to get better about a week later; I still had my cough but I felt better. Then I took a nasty turn for the worse and I was coughing so hard I was throwing up. I was trying not to take the cough medicine, but my mom told me I was in my second trimester so I should be ok, and Derrick said it was better to take the medicine than cough so hard that I go into labor. So, I called my midwife and.....she prescribed more cough medicine. I called in sick AGAIN (this was going on the third week of having this crap) and went to InstaCare. I FINALLY got an antibiotic (Bless you Dr. Marshall! He is a resident at the hospital) and started feeling better. I STILL have my cough, but it is NOTHING like what it was. It feels more like an asthma cough now and I'm praying it goes away soon. I get it most when the air is bad or my lungs get irritated. Being pregnant is crummy sometimes!

So, there is my excuse for not posting stuff. SORRY!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad despite being sick you had fun! and i will second that. Being sick when prego= TOTALLY NOT FUN! p.s. I miss you! :) Tell baby hi for me since i can't!

    ReplyDelete