Tuesday, May 25, 2010

too long!

It has been way too long since I have posted anything!! So here is a quick little blurb...

1. I went to NYC with my mom and it was AWESOME! (pictures soon to come!) we shopped a LOT, walked the Brooklyn Bridge, went to Times Square, saw a Broadway musical, were on tv for Regis and Kelly, and basically had a blast.

2. I ran the Ogden half marathon and contrary to belief right before-hand I did it in less than 3 hours!! the last time I ran it, I did it in 2 hours and 19 minutes and I had trained pretty ok for it. But this time...not so much. But, once again, I finished in 2 hours and 19 minutes!! woo hoo. my mom ran the 5k and she beat her time by 3 or 4 minutes! go mom!

3. Derrick took his DAT and got a 20!!!! He said that an 18 is a "competative" score so he did AMAZING! I'm so proud of my man! Just a couple more weeks than applications open up and dental school, somewhere/anywhere, USA here we come!

4. We got to go the the SLC temple with our couple friends the Dubose family, Casey and Noah this last weekend and that was fun to catch up. We met a family that were from England and their son is going on a mission to West Virginia (Derrick thought I was weird cause I went up to them in the temple and asked where they were from-I heard their accent and like to meet new people! it's not a crime!) . Then we went to the Hong Kong tea house and ate awesome chinese food. Squid is my new favorite! yummy

so there is my blurb...like I said, pictures soon to come!!

3 comments:

  1. Squid? Mandy what is wrong with you! And dental applications mean that you'll be leaving me soon :( We need to hang out soon. A sewing or scrapbook party is much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your NYC pictures! Good luck with applications and hopefully I'll get to work with you again before you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratz to Derrick on DAT score.

    ReplyDelete