So Derrick had his surgery last Thursday and it has been super sad. He has been SO miserable! I feel bad. He had a tonsillectomy with a nasal septal reconstruction. He really needed it though. He has sleep apnea pretty bad; He snores like a jackhammer and will stop breathing and then gasp for air (the longest I've counted was thirty seconds), or he will bury his head in his pillow and not breathe at all. Scary! He was all set up to have this done last year but insurance denied us because tonsillectomy and nose surgeries were considered a "pre-existing condition" (I'm not a big Obama fan, but goodbye insurance crap like this is something I can get on board with!). So, needless to say, it has been a rough couple of years in the Peck household, sleep-wise.
But he finally got it done! And while I'm so happy that we will both get sleep, I'm so sad for my poor hubby! The first couple of nights weren't too bad but he was pretty swollen. He had the drip pad under his nose because it was bleeding pretty steady still. With the bleeding and the swelling he was really congested and that made for some crummy nights. I was giving him pain meds around the clock (it is not fun to wake up every four hours, let me tell you!), but he had to breathe through his mouth which dried his throat and so his throat got super painful in the night and in the mornings. So, that has been the worst. But...we went to the doctor's today and they removed the splints (those suckers were huge! like an inch of plastic shoved up his nose ugh), and he also got rid of a lot of the drainage in his nose (it was gross) so he is breathing a little better! We came home and he has been sleeping for like three to four hours! And let me tell you the most beautiful part...HE HAS HIS MOUTH CLOSED AND NO SNORING!!! Oh, I feel like I could sing! I'm finally gonna get some good sleep! We both are! Crummy, crummy surgery but this is going to be so nice when he recovers! I posted some pictures and the bottom ones are RIGHT after surgery, doesn't he look so sad? He was saying some funny things though (my husband is the most politest man after anesthesia, it was quite funny). But no worries, he is on the way to recovery!
The other pictures are of my G-pa's 80th birthday where we had a family dinner and then of my old roommate Candace's homecoming from her mission in Chile. Good times!
But he finally got it done! And while I'm so happy that we will both get sleep, I'm so sad for my poor hubby! The first couple of nights weren't too bad but he was pretty swollen. He had the drip pad under his nose because it was bleeding pretty steady still. With the bleeding and the swelling he was really congested and that made for some crummy nights. I was giving him pain meds around the clock (it is not fun to wake up every four hours, let me tell you!), but he had to breathe through his mouth which dried his throat and so his throat got super painful in the night and in the mornings. So, that has been the worst. But...we went to the doctor's today and they removed the splints (those suckers were huge! like an inch of plastic shoved up his nose ugh), and he also got rid of a lot of the drainage in his nose (it was gross) so he is breathing a little better! We came home and he has been sleeping for like three to four hours! And let me tell you the most beautiful part...HE HAS HIS MOUTH CLOSED AND NO SNORING!!! Oh, I feel like I could sing! I'm finally gonna get some good sleep! We both are! Crummy, crummy surgery but this is going to be so nice when he recovers! I posted some pictures and the bottom ones are RIGHT after surgery, doesn't he look so sad? He was saying some funny things though (my husband is the most politest man after anesthesia, it was quite funny). But no worries, he is on the way to recovery!
The other pictures are of my G-pa's 80th birthday where we had a family dinner and then of my old roommate Candace's homecoming from her mission in Chile. Good times!
Yo matey, I did NOT know Candace was coming home? How did I miss this information, that makes me sad in my heart. What is she going to be doing now?
ReplyDeleteYou are looking Shuai Derrick
ReplyDelete