in a nutshell, here is what we did:
We had the four sides of the frame that were already cut out for us and we painted them and let them dry. The picture was basically a poster that we glued onto a board and then put some texture stuff on it and let that dry. then we heavy-duty stapled the frame together and then stapled the board with the picture to that. They were way easy but I'm not sure where you get all of the materials from. I will post that info the next time I go to my mom's house promise! (should be in the next few days).
This morning I had to force myself to sleep in because I knew that I would be staying up all night working a grave, so I didn't wake up until 10 in the morning. ugh. I always feel groggy and gross when I sleep too much, even when I know I'm doing it for a good reason! I stumbled to the kitchen, poured myself some marshmallow matey's, turned on "good things utah" and they were just starting the cooking segment and had the restaurant owner of Rafael's Mexican restaurant there doing a cooking demo (they made rice pudding which is apparently a mexican food-news to me!) (You are all probably wondering why I'm writing this ridiculously long post and where this is going but it will all tie together haha) but this made me think of my old roommie Ali, because she used to work at that joint! That wonderful restaurant is the reason I'm the champion of guacomole in my family because dear sweet Ali taught me how because she learned it from working there. And then when I went running in the afternoon, I had switched my playlist on my iPod and the song "Sweet Child 'O Mine" came on by Guns N Roses. I remembered all of the many times playing this on guitar hero down at Snow or the many times trying to fall asleep while others played it! So this got me on a "Good Times at Snow" kick and I thought I would blog about it!
Ten things I miss about Snow College:
1. Of course, guitar hero parties. Especially the ones at midnight with our neighbors across the grass!
2. Being able to wake up at 8:15 for my 8:30 class and then being able to attend in PJ's and a beanie without getting the death stares that I got at Weber when I wore that.
3. Long walks with roommates; particularly the one to Walmart.
4. Sunday dinners followed by Sunday night treats! They contributed to the twenty pounds I gained that first year but it was oh so worth it!
5. Being able to have a random bonfire in the canyon and having at least twenty people stop and introduce themselves: this was sometimes good but sometimes bad-especially when one of the "people" is a solitary man who goes by the name of "fireman dave"
6. Watching "Sons of Provo" so many times that we can practically quote the entire movie in normal conversation
7. Going to Bowman's and pushing each other around in the shopping carts.
8. Throwing rocks at old TV's on the hill behind Ephraim city
9. Having people over to sign the famous couch
10. All the friends and memories I made!
YEAH SNOW COLLEGE!!! and YEAH that you found my blog. How very nice to hear from you. I am so glad for you that you are all graduated now, good luck with your job and getting used to your shifts and what not. I loved the Snow pics and I caught up on all your old posts. Now I will add you to my blog list and we can be blog friends. I hope everything is going well for you guys.
ReplyDeleteSnow College looks like it would have been a blast! I never got to have a true college experience. I'm jealous! Sounds like you are doing good. I'm happy for ya!
ReplyDelete