I FINALLY graduated with my 4-year degree! It is not even because I have taken any time off, minus one tiny semester because I did not get accepted into the program of my choice (so in my opinion, it does not count!). Nursing is a silly profession. It requires two years of pre-req classes before being accepted into the program, and since I did not decide on a major fast enough, it took me three. Bam, associate degree numero 1. Then 2 years of nursing school, which equals another associate degree because stupid Weber State does not offer a BSN-RN course. Bam, associate degree numero 2. It has been my goal since high school to get my bachelor's degree. Silly me for choosing nursing! After already having my RN degree, I applied to Weber's program, hoping I would get in right after I graduated nursing school. I did not get in. Apparently straight A's matter more to them then someone who has actually WORKED as a nurse for a year. So, I applied again and did not get in, said screw you Weber and went to Dixie online. It was a semester longer, and I had to do 2 semesters of clinical classes, but it was pretty good. My mom went to Weber for her BSN, and I honestly think that my classes pertained more to nursing than hers did. I had an amazing policy and politics class that I absolutely loved and a really good culture diversity class. The worst experience? Having to do a community clinical right when we moved to Ohio. I had to find a school nurse, convince her I was in a legitimate program (yes, my school is in Utah. No, I do not live there, it is online; I live in Ohio. Yes, I need a clinical experience). Yikes. Plus it forced me to have to have Iva be with a sitter an extra day a week until I got my 40 hours. I HATE that!
But, enough rambling, I am DONE! I am Mandy Peck, RN, BSN, awesome nurse! Big plus, I get a raise her at OSUMC (Ohio State University Medical Center), which I am super happy about!
Commencement walk

I have taken a picture of myself on stage at every graduation since high school, so I could not disappoint!
This picture was actually the best one!
My own cheerleader!
The only thing that would have made this day better, would be if Derrick was there! He had his mom get me roses and I started crying. He was so supportive of me going to school and helped me SO much, even though he was so busy with his first year of dental school. He was the one always making sure I got my discussions done and everything turned in on time. Love you Derrick!
My family was SO supportive!
My degree! I finally have a 4-year degree, even though it took me 7 years!







YAAAAYYYYY!
ReplyDelete