Thursday, November 4, 2010

My favorite time of the year

I LOVE THE END OF OCTOBER! It's my birthday, then Halloween, then our anniversary! Fun times for two weeks! Plus Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner!
I had to work the night before my birthday, so we went out to eat that night. We went to the Hong Kong Tea House in SLC with my mom and little bro and his friend Steven. It was super yummy. We ordered a LOT of food and it was delicious! Derrick got me flowers and University of Utah clothes. He got me a nice large t-shirt...his version of "maternity clothes!" haha He also gave me birthday money to go and buy real maternity clothes (none of my skirts fit anymore! and I'm down to one pair of jeans. I'm not even that big!).
For Halloween we spent the day with Derrick's family. We carved pumpkins and decorated cookies with the kids, then went trick or treating with them that night. We also made homemade rootbeer! It was funny to watch the kids play in the dry ice fog. I didn't get pictures, but they were sitting on the kitchen floor with the fog surrounding them just laughing hysterically. It was fun. Derrick and I dressed up as an angel and a devil. And just as an FYI, I'm pushing my belly out in the pictures! I'm not really that big! I love my husband for being such a good sport and dressing up with me. We've already started thinking about next year! Well at least I have! I'm thinking Monsters Inc. We can be Sully and Mike and our little girl can be Boo! But we are hoping she has red hair, so we might try something different if she does. I love Halloween!
Thanks to getting married in the fall, our anniversary is always right in the middle of the semester. Derrick has night classes this semester so we couldn't really do anything. I had to work the night before, but when I got home at six AM, Derrick had flowers and a treat sitting out for me! He is so sweet. He also bought me milk so that I would have some to go with my breakfast! (for those of you who know me, running out of milk is awful, so that was a big deal!) He started his lab early so instead of getting home at ten thirty like he usually does, he got home at nine thirty. I made him enchiladas and then we watched a movie. It was a nice relaxing anniversary at home. Hurray for THREE years! I can't believe it has been that long! It's gone by so fast!





























3 comments:

  1. Haha ok I'm glad you said you were pushing out your belly because it really looks like you're pregnant in the Halloween picture. Don't feel bad, I'm running out of clothes too and i'm 4 weeks behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah there's a big difference between the ones below it where I have normal clothes on...I hope people see that! It is a pretty noticeable bump by now though...I'm getting to the point where I don't feel like I have to say "yes I'm pregnant" haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, I know these kids in the pictures. the little girl Cassie is in my Primary class. What a small world.

    ReplyDelete