Not the traditional, green tree picture you'd expect from a SPRING BREAK trip, but I'll take it!
We got lucky and Derrick's mom came to visit us over Derrick's Spring break! It was so much fun to have her here. We even made a little trip up to northern New York to see Palmyra and check out the sites from our Mormon heritage! (I loved trying to explain to people who aren't LDS that we were going to New York, but not New York City, to Palmyra. I ended up just telling people we were going to Niagara Falls, which we also did on our trip!) I have been to Palmyra before, but it was Derrick and his mom's first time. My grandma grew up in Palmyra. I have ancestors that are from Ireland and were converted to the church. My grandma's dad ended up in Kentucky, but moved to Palmyra and worked for the church. He wanted to farm more like he did in Ireland, so he started keeping up the grounds at the Hill Cumorah in Palmyra. So, we went to visit the gravesite's of my great-granparents as well as my grandma.
At the Joseph Smith frame house.
My goofy girl in the Sacred Grove
The Palmyra Temple
I love her face in this picture. She is saying "Oh no" ha
Helping Grandma fold the Book of Mormon pages
I was such a fun day! A FREEZING day, but fun! We got to see the Joseph Smith log cabin, frame house, and Sacred Grove. We also saw the temple, the Hill Cumorah, and the Whitmer farm. Iva was fairly good most of the day and even during driving. It was neat to learn more about our church and how it was organized!





















No comments:
Post a Comment