Sunday, May 1, 2011

EASTER!

This Easter was great! It was super fun because it was Iva's first. The Easter bunny even came and saw her! Her basket had a fun toy to strap on her carseat, (that Easter bunny is one smart cookie; preparing for the long road trip to Ohio!) a new Easter outfit that does not fit her yet, and new books! She also got to find Easter eggs for our traditional hunt that we do each year at our house (yes, Derrick and I have an Easter egg hunt just for us...we are awesome I know). She got an "I love Daddy" bib and new binkies!

Derrick and I had a fun Easter too. He got a new movie, "True Grit," the original John Wayne version. He also got lots of candy in his basket and eggs. I got a new book series, "The Olympians," which are the books that the movie "Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief" are based off of. We both decided we wanted them after watching the movie. I also got a beautiful glass vase and lots of candy. I even got Hi-Chews! (I decided that I loved them while Derrick was on his mission 'cause he would send them to me in packages. My roommates also loved them!). We both got spoiled!
After our Easter egg hunt, we went to Derrick's moms to eat dinner and have another Easter egg hunt. It was super fun to just visit with family. We played with the kids, had good food, and chatted! Then off to my family for dinner number 2! One good thing about our mom's living so close together, 2 meals on holidays! Iva got spoiled by her grandparents! She got an Easter basket with more new books, a bunny, some hair ties, and a $10 egg from Grandma Janet. And she got a fun Easter chick from her Ama! (Grandma in Chinese, my mom is Ama and my dad is Aba). Spoiled little gal!
We had an awesome day! I get sad at holidays lately, because it reminds me that I will be leaving soon. I like having both of our families so close. I will miss them so much when we leave! :(


Iva's Easter eggs!



Loving her basket!

Spoiled by her grandma's!

First Easter! (the color is bad sorry...)

Cousins!

Iva with her two-week younger cousin Kallie! Iva is wondering what her mommy and two aunts were doing snapping the billion pictures haha

Dying eggs with Ama!

Dying eggs with her cousins!

The hunt is on!


Iva hiding an egg in her blanket!



Josh loving something he go in his egg!


Looking at their spoils


No comments:

Post a Comment